Monday, November 17, 2008

Why I'm the Idiot Fan

A couple of addendums to previous posts. I somehow forgot Jerry Sloan when I mentioned great NBA coaches. He's definitely one of them. Utah's got a good team, but you put Flip Saunders as the head coach, and that team goes nowhere fast. If I had to rank the top coaches, I'd probably put Pop at the top, Phil next, then Sloan, then D'Antoni, Doc and Larry Brown. Nate McMillan can make the leap this year if his Blazers show something in the playoffs. He did coach a surprisingly feisty Sonics team a few years back, but I need more than just one good run to be convinced.

Also, in my How to Win in Football post, obviously the surefire way to win every game is, in the words of the immortal John Madden, to score more points than the other team. I wanted to add that the running and stopping the run teams often have problems playing each other. In those matchups, the team with the better QB or the better pass defense usually wins out, so basically, the Vikings can't win when they go up against a team that is like them. They also can't win because their coach doesn't know how to do his job, but that's for another post. Actually, you can take my post about Dick Jauron and replace the Bills and Dick Jauron with Brad Childress and the Vikings and you'll get my exact thoughts on that coach.

No comments: